Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Al Gore

I don't kow a whole lot about Al Gore but i find it interesting that of late he seems to be the celebrity earth champion. Maybe it was his apperance on this Oscars with Leo but he seems to be everywhere. I haven't seen his movie. i'd like to but haven't found the time yet. And part of me is a little nervous to watch it. I don't want to really know how bad it is.
Someone on tv last night said that a problem as big as global warming and saving the environment can't be done by groups or individuals. It has to be solved by government because it is so big of a problem.
I partly agree.
If the government did more to incent businesses and states to be more environmentally friendly it would make a huge difference. Instead they want to drill oil fields in the pristine wilderness of Alaska. And don't get me started on this Skywalk thing a tribe in AZ built at the Grand Canyon. Sounds cool but ....
I just saw a story about San Francisco banning plastic grocery store bags http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/27/environment.baggs.reut/index.html
And i am so excited about it. We are so technically advanced as a society - can't someone make a biodegradalbe plastic bag? What rubbed me the wrong way was a cable news talk show host calling SF idiodic for instituting such a ban. Hello do some homework and find out how many millions of plastic bags are in the land fills and ocean!!!
So back to Al Gore. Not that he's running for president (yet) but wouldn't it be nice to have a friend of the enviorment in the white house?

No comments: